In 2018 alone, Renee quit her PhD after 6 years, started a business, and moved from Chicago to Minneapolis to purchase her husband’s childhood home. With a podcast, coaching and an incredibly interesting book club, Renee’s life is full! This was such a fun, upbeat interview and – yes – sex did come up!
In Renee’s words:
- I’m a recovering overachiever.
- In the last 2 months, I’ve dropped out of the PhD program I had been in for 6 years, started a business, and moved 500 miles to purchase my husband’s childhood home.
- I tend to reroute a LOT. I’ve quit prestigious jobs, prestigious programs, and even publishing opportunities because they didn’t feel right anymore.
- I’ve struggled with panic and anxiety for most of my life. It’s been creeping back up again this year but I have great tools to manage it.
- I’m a feminist life coach and host of the podcast Wild Cozy Truth – wildcozytruth.com
My full name is a full sentence: Renee M. Powers = Renee empowers. And that’s what I do with Wild Cozy Truth. I’ve been supporting women nearly all of my adult life, as a teacher at camps and universities and as community manager for 3S Fitness. I knew my calling was to empower women* to stand in their truth, to tell their own stories, and to discover the strength inherent to vulnerability, so I built this platform.